RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Give residents a fruity dessert that’s full of flavour and colour thanks to one of Major’s new Fruit Base Compounds.
Clementine & Apricot Fruit Sponge
500g tinned apricots
35g Major Clementine Fruit Base Compound
175g unsalted butter – at room temperature
175g self-raising flour
175g golden caster sugar
180g whole eggs – beaten and at room temperature
Vanilla extract – as required
1. Pre-heat oven to 155°C
2. Mix the apricots with the Major Clementine Fruit Base Compound
3. Beat the butter with the sugar until the mix is light and fluffy
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs. Add the vanilla extract and flour and mix until smooth
5. Place the fruit mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with the sponge mixture. Spread evenly
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the sponge. Serve.