RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Try this tongue-tingling twist on one of the most popular desserts ever, incorporating Major International’s new Fruit Base Compound.
Cherry & Apple Fruit Crumble
• 150g plain flour
• 75g unsalted butter
• 60g golden caster sugar
• 75g rolled oats
• 500g solid pack apples
• 35g Major Cherry Fruit Base
• 25g demerara sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C
2. Prepare the crumble topping by mixing the butter, caster sugar, flour and oats together until the mix resembles coarse breadcrumbs
3. Spread onto a flat baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and break up
4. Place the apples in a bowl and mix together with the Major Cherry Fruit Base Compound. Place in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the crumble topping
5. Place in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes until it reaches the required temperature
6. Finish with a light dusting of demerara sugar and serve.