RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Biscoff and Chocolate Terrine
An indulgent ‘fridge cake’ that makes an eye catching dessert or a perfect accompaniment to afternoon tea, with the unmistakable flavour of Lotus Biscoff.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 200g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- Fresh raspberries and icing sugar for garnish
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie
2. Separate the eggs. Mix the yolks one by one into the melted chocolate (take the bowl off the heat)
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the chocolate using a spatula
4. Coat a terrine mould with cling film. Put a layer of Biscoff into the tin and cover with a layer of chocolate mousse. Repeat these layers until all the ingredients have been used up.
5. Leave in the refrigerator to become firm for a few hours, or preferably overnight
6. Turn the terrine out onto a dish just before serving
7. Garnish with raspberries and icing sugar