Six chefs from the Country Court care home group have been chosen as regional finalists for the prestigious Care Home Chef award, part of the Great British Care Awards.
The finalists are:
- Juliana Arouna at Woodlands House Care & Nursing Home in Colliers Wood – London region
- Ben Morris at The Grange Care Home in Newport – East of England region
- Clare Lucas at Stanton Court Care Home near Bristol – South West region
- Neil Standish at Somerset House Nursing Home in Wheldrake – Yorkshire & Humberside region
- Chris Beeby at Rose Lodge Care Home in Market Deeping – Lincolnshire region
- Liam Connor at Tallington Lodge Care Home near Stamford – East Midlands region
“We are delighted that six members of our hospitality team have been selected as regional finalists for the GB Care Awards,” says Anwar Kajee, head of hospitality at Country Court. “Perceptions of catering in care homes are changing, we live in an ever-ageing population and people’s expectations are getting higher. Our chefs’ challenge is to keep residents excited about coming to the dining table for their meals, every single day.”
The Great British Care Awards are a series of regional events throughout the UK and are a celebration of excellence across the care sector. The winners will be announced at awards ceremonies in April 2021.